Broward Municipal Services District (BMSD) Project . . .
Together with several long-standing partner non-profits, H.O.M.E.S. is participating in a new single-family scattered site home project, sponsored by Broward County’s Housing & Community Development Office.
Through this Project, we continue to be able to provide homeownership opportunities for low-to-moderate income Broward working families – as we have since our inception - in a real estate market that currently has little to offer in price ranges affordable to workforce families.
In addition to providing a quality built home, here are some of the unique “non-profit” aspects of our Program:
- Providing prospective buyers (at no cost) with 8 hours of HUD certified Homebuyer Education;
- Free Individual Financial Counseling, including Credit Score Review, to assist with getting buyers Mortgage Ready;
- Holding monthly ”Open Houses” - exclusively for our qualified buyers - showcasing the ‘just completed’ homes we have for sale; and
- Providing up to $40,000 in Down-Payment & Closing Cost Assistance for each new Homebuyer, which will be a 2nd Mortgage on the new home (with no interest or payments as long as they own and reside in the home).
- Partnering with existing neighborhood groups and Broward County to bring added value (such as using local labor, cleaning &/or painting of other lots/houses, etc..).
Scattered Site Project . . .
H.O.M.E.S. has launched a scattered site program of buying single-family homes, rehabbing them in a quality manner, and re-selling them to buyers within our traditional income target ranges, at affordable prices. Our goal is to pair each buyer with available buyer assistance funding, as appropriate. We will be using various funding partners to accomplish the purchases & renovations.